Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1JubADkoz

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Best Birthday Present!

On Thursday, we had our 2nd doctor's appointment and heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time! It really made this whole experience real...we were both so excited to hear it...this is all such a miracle! My Birthday was Friday and that was the BEST birthday present an expecting Mommy could ask for! I told Eddie I wasn't sure if I would laugh or cry when we heard it...I laughed, which made extra noise on the machine! Later that day, I wanted to cry tears of joy and excitement... We are really bringing a baby into this world, and right now he or she is growing like mad!! I am already feeling big, but the Doctor says I'm "measuring" just right for 12 weeks. I had to include this picture of my belly this week, just to show that I can't button my pants anymore! I wore my first pair of maternity pants on Friday and the comfort was just amazing! I'm definitely hooked!!

I had a great birthday...besides the fact that I had to work! My Mom sent be the beautiful bouquet you see in the picture below, such a wonderful surprise and they brightened up my non-window office for the whole day! Max came and had lunch with me and we had a great time talking and eating. I just don't see him enough. I made him promise that we would spend more time together!! In the evening I did exactly what I wanted, nothing! I layed on the couch with Eddie and we had Chinese take out. Another gift, I have felt great for about 4 days now!! The nausea is very minimal, whoopeee!!




11 comments:

Rachel said...

What a cute belly! I'm so glad ou were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It's always the best part of your doctor's appointments!!

Kelli said...

Love the cute belly! Isn't it fun to watch your body morphe into something beautiful? I'm sure you won't always think it looks beautiful but we all think it is since it's not us expecting :)

Glory Laine said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Great pictures and that belly is adorable. Matt felt bad he didn't remember it was your day. I reminded her that us girls don't expect any men to remember any dates or if we've had a new haircut UNLESS it's your husband then you must remember both.

Valerie of Momia said...

I remember when my belly looked like yours. Isn't it so exciting?! (Well, I not only loved my growing belly, buy also found my growing weight to be amusing...almost a bit fun. I'm a bit odd!) I bet you you're looking at yourself multiple times a day in the mirror, admiring the new bump! It is so much fun!! Don't forget to take side pics, too!

LizzyG said...

ok, that picture of your tummy looks like mine the day before I start my period, except yours if much cuter! That is the cutest, little 12 week bump! Congratulations! Isn't the heartbeat amazing? It truly is a miracle!

Tiffany said...

Just wait until you put on your first pair of "granny panties" when your regular ones or the maternity ones are no longer comfy. You can threaten Eddie that you will never go back... No need to stuff yourself into pants that don't fit and are not comfy. Flaunt that belly in the maternity ones you will want to live in from now until weeks AFTER the baby is born! And happy birthday! What fun to know that while you turned older your baby is growing older in your womb too!

Sarah Reynolds said...

Happy Birthday! The heartbeat sound remains that exciting every time you hear it, so enjoy each appointment. I loved that connection to my babies.
Your tummy is adorable! I am sure you find yourself "holding" your baby and rocking, maternal instincts kick in so quickly!

LizzyG said...

Meghan,
Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog posts. I know, I feel like I know you too, like we're great friends, and we could sit down over coffee, or a decaf latte for you:), and chat the afternoon away! It's funny how these blog sites bring us all into each other's lives and homes. I hope your pregnancy is going well and you're making it past the nausea stage. I'm anxiously awaiting an announcement on your blog if it's a boy or girl (if you're going to find out), I check it every day! No pressure though, just take care of yourself and get lots of rest. Blogging should be the least of your concerns. I know for me, I have a pile of laundry to fold and a dishwasher to unload and reload, and being on the computer is the last thing I should be doing - oh well :) Have a great day! And thanks again for the nice comments!

Valerie of Momia said...

I hope all is going well with you and baby! I bet your belly looks a bit different now, now that that picture's over a month old! I hope you're feeling well!

When you get a chance, we'd all love to hear how you're doing!! No pressure, though! Do take it easy ;)

Rachel said...

HELLO??? Are you still there??? Where's the new belly picture? Where are the new barfing stories?
Meggie...it's SO not fair that you read about our lives and have SHUT US OUT!!!! You are working too much to see, so you have to keep in touch somehow. I've been gone for 3 weeks...where's the love???
You should be feeling lots and lots and lots of pressure!!!!
....love you...

LizzyG said...

Yes, I have to agree with your friend Rachel, it's time to start feeling the pressure! Your loyal fans are eagerly awaiting another belly shot. So I am officially "pressuring" you....Get blogging girl!!!