Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1JubADkoz

Saturday, May 24, 2008

3 Months Old

Diego is 3 months old today~! Time sure flies when you're having fun. He is growing like crazy...already over 14 pounds and over 2 feet tall. He's about to move to size 2 diapers and fitting really well into his 3-6 month clothes, and has been for a few weeks now. He is holding his head up really well and is very interested in toys, although Mommy is still his favorite "toy" to interact with. If this never changed, I would be ok with that. :) He is enjoying bath time a lot more and is just starting to kick his feet in the water, making sure to soak Mommy's shirt every time! He also really loves his baby bjorn and would be content and happy to wander around with me all day every day...except for when I'm putting clothes from the washer into the dryer, he doesn't like that for some reason. He takes 3 or 4 naps a day and sleeps pretty well most nights. I want him in his bassinet next to our bed as long as possible, and the manufacturers recommendation says he can be in it until he's 18 pounds, so that's probably where he'll stay until then! Each morning when he wakes up for the day, he is all smiles. Mommy and Daddy sometimes take a while to get out of bed, but Diego doesn't mind, he is just happy to have one of us hold him and talk to him, he doesn't care if we don't actually get out of bed right away. He is "talking" a lot more and making new sounds every day. One day I even heard a "Da" and I, of course, immediately encouraged "Ma." We had a wonderful, relaxing mother's day. Eddie and Diego gave me a Willow Tree statue of a Momma and her son...very precious. My Mom gave me a beautiful hanging basket of flowers and Diego enjoys going with me each day to water it. He grabs at the flowers and makes cute little sounds and noises. He is also laughing now! It is pure joy to hear him laugh, usually just one of us laughing will make him squeel and laugh with joy! He is really enjoying sniffs and kisses (on the toes only for now) from our Dog Chloe, who he loves to just watch as she trots about the house.

5 comments:

LizzyG said...

3 months already?!!!

He is so adorable. Those pictures of him are so cute. I love his big smile in the last one!

I had this warm, sentimental feeling as I read this post. I loved how you described his day to day activites...it brought back so many fond memories.

I'm so glad you are taking it all in and completely enjoying this stage of babyhood. You're a smart momma!

Take care!

Rachel said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. Thank goodness it's summer and we'll be able to see him again!
It's so wonderful that you are enjoying your son. He's so lucky to have such a loving mama!
You did an amazing job on the pictures, Meghan. I love them. You'll have to come help me edit mine!

Tiffany said...

Ahhhh baby carriers! Can't live without 'em (as long as your back can take it anyway!). This is the time where so many new things happen for Diego and you. It is fun to watch. Keep blogging about each detail as you will love looking back on these posts later once your baby reaches toddlerhood. It can be hard to remember some of it even when you don't think you will ever forget! Oh, and super to hear that Diego has taken to the move from bed to bassinet!

Anonymous said...

Diego is so cute! How fun to be experiencing all these firsts with your son. I agree with Lizzy G., your post brought back memories for me too.

Enjoy the adventure of motherhood! It only gets better.

Ona said...

I agree...made me think of having another one:) Ha, Ha!
He's so big and so, so adorable.