Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1JubADkoz

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

When he grows up, will that fall off?


A few weeks ago we went to dinner at Rachel's house. We enjoyed a nice evening with our friends and a wonderful dinner...but the most entertaining part about the whole evening was Sawyer's question about Diego's "boy" parts.
I was changing Diego's diaper on the floor and Sawyer sat with me watching what I was doing. I actually tried to get her to change the diaper (jokingly) and she adamantly said NO. She doesn't like changing diapers, even though I tried to encourage her because she will have a new brother or sister soon. :) She won't even change her baby doll's diapers...so funny how disgusted she is. Anyway, I take off the diaper Diego is wearing and Sawyer's eyes get really big. She sits there for a second and then looks at me and says "What is that big thing on him?" I smile and look to her parents to answer this question and get nothing from them. The casually continue what they are doing...leaving me out to answer this question myself. So, I tell Sawyer, "Well, that's his penis and testicles." She says and points, "I think I have those down here." I chuckle a little and say, "No, honey you don't have those. Just boys have those." Rachel finally pipes up and says, "Sawyer, boys have penis' and girls have vagina's." Sawyer says, "Oh, when he grows up will that fall off and he will have a vagina, too?" All I could do was laugh, and then Diego peed all over himself and me! Sawyer says, "I'm outta here!"

9 comments:

Glory Laine said...

That could be a title to a very funny book.

Tiffany said...

Oh my. My oh my. Well, you handled that one quite well, Momma! And let's sure hope it doesn't fall off when he grows up!

Angela said...

Too funny!

Melissa said...

Okay, I probably shouldn't be, but I am cracking up. Kids are so cute and say the darndest things!

Rachel said...

HA HA HA!!! But, I just want to clarify that I piped in AS SOON AS I REALIZED my daughter was questioning the penis. Since she hates diapers, it's not really been an issue...and I'm still in awe that she hung around while you were changing the little squirt! I also have to thank you for giving her her first (of many I'm sure) sex talk! Since you are so good at it, I'll be having you over in about 10 years...for another one!!!

Sharon said...

That's awesome! Way to go by using the "real" words!

Kelli said...

That's awesome!!! I can so see Sawyer's little face all screwed up looking at Diego! How adorable!
He's getting so big!

Rachel said...

I have to tell you that Sawyer can not remember the name for penis...and she is constantly asking Scott what the long thingy is! I'm pretty sure he dies just a little bit every time he has to talk to her about it!!!

Lion Heart said...

HILARIOUS. I LOVE HOW KIDS ARE SO CURIOUS.